As the coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to affect our communities, our relationship with you as your primary healthcare provider becomes increasingly important.
At Village Health Partners and Village Pediatrics, we believe it is our responsibility to continue to prioritize the health and safety of you, your family and our team members. While your patient experience may look and feel different during this time, please know that we are making all decisions to prioritize your safety and care.
You may experience a longer than normal wait time when calling us. We understand and apologize for this.
A much more efficient way to contact our office is to email your provider through the patient portal. If you need to contact your physician, we strongly encourage you to message your provider directly through this channel.
Instructions on how to do this can be found by clicking here.
We will convert most office visits to telehealth visits, effective immediately. This includes all sick visits, physicals, counseling and dietitian appointments for all insurance types, including Medicare and Medicare Advantage.
More information on telehealth visits can be found by clicking here.
There is no need to panic. If we all do our job as a community and are responsible with social distancing, hand washing, and keeping our hands off our face, things will improve sooner than later.
We continue to make decisions that prioritize your safety and care, and we are providing the same level of care by leading with our core values:
- Continuous improvement – We are in constant contact with the proper health departments and the CDC, and we are following all CDC guidelines as they evolve.
- Access to care – We are expanding our telehealth options to include new patients and are working with insurance companies, including Medicare Advantage, to cover telehealth visits. While this care may look a little different, your physician can still diagnose, prescribe and counsel you during your visit. This allows us to continue to care for all patients, including those who are at high risk.
- Respect for all – We are putting these initiatives in place for the health and safety of you and our communities.
- Efficient and effective – We are having regular meetings with your physicians, medical assistants, and other necessary team members to make sure each person is up to date on CDC and Village Health Partners' safety protocols.
- Share knowledge – We are sharing all important information with you, including what to expect on your next telehealth visit and what steps we’re taking to prevent the spread of the coronavirus. You can find more information by following us on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter and by reading our blog.
As part of our commitment to health and safety, we follow OSHA-required protocol. During this time, we are taking the following additional steps:
- We are scheduling telehealth visits for most patients, effective immediately.
- Beginning March 23, 2020, our in-office hours will be reduced to 9am to 4pm to give our team extra time to thoroughly disinfect all areas of the practice for two hours prior to seeing patients, and two hours after seeing patients. This is in addition to the hourly cleaning schedule formerly implemented.
- We are providing extra masks in our lobbies at each Village Health Partners location to help protect you and all patients and team members.
- Extra hand sanitizer has been placed throughout the buildings for your convenience.
As part of the Catalyst Network, we are working together with more than 800 medical providers to address your concerns. The Catalyst Network has a resource page that has a coronavirus risk assessment, daily updates on the total number of cases in Texas, FAQs and more.
The Catalyst Network is also providing a free 24/7 hotline where you can speak with a medical professional who can advise you on your risks and next steps. You can call (214) 964-0319 at any time.
We know you are looking to us for guidance during this time, and we continue to be dedicated to providing accessible, convenient and quality care. We appreciate your caution and understanding and look forward to working with you to continue to keep our communities safe.
Dr. Jamison Albracht