Halloween Safety For Kids
The most spooktacular time of the year is finally here, but certainly not in the same traditional ways most of us imagined. Due to COVID-19, many families will be celebrating Halloween a little differently this time around. Whether your kids are staying indoors or out, they can do both safely while still having fun!
Here are a few ways you can still add some magic to your family’s Halloween festivities in 2020!
Ideas for at home
Consider these suggestions to safely participate in the Halloween fun at home:
- Have a Halloween scavenger hunt at home packed with your kid’s favorite tasty treasures.
- Carve out or decorate pumpkins at home with your family.
- Put up Halloween decorations throughout your home (including the awesome pumpkins you just made).
- Make spooky treats together and play Halloween games.
- Stay warm and cozy indoors with a Halloween movie night.
- Have a costume contest among all the family members in your home.
Ideas for outdoors
Although traditional trick-or-treating is out this year, there are still other options for your family to celebrate Halloween as safely as possible.
- Walk or drive around your neighborhood and admire the fun decorations from afar. Give your child a piece of candy for each festive house they find.
- Always stay 6 feet away from others outside of your household.
- Carry hand sanitizer with an alcohol percentage of at least 60%.
- If walking wear bright colors, reflective clothing, glow sticks or carry flashlights so drivers passing by can see you.
- f you’d rather stay close to home, dress up in your costumes, set up in the back yard and tell spooky stories around a homemade fire pit.
Most importantly, we highly recommend that you and your family follow the CDC guidelines to stay healthy and protected during all Halloween festivities!